By Mike Harrison, Business Development Manager at BioForward
Wisconsin’s premier biohealth event is less than 40 days away!
Over 300 of Wisconsin’s biohealth leaders are going to gather at the Overture Center in Madison on October 10th. Are you an entrepreneur who isn’t sure if you should go? Here are 5 reasons why startups and entrepreneurs can’t miss the Biohealth Summit:
- Get Inspired! With the frequent highs and lows of starting a business, it can be easy to forget why you do what you do. Rediscover your passion for this industry by listening to some incredible speakers! BioForward has lined up 2 amazing keynotes from 2 of the largest technology companies in the world. Begin the day with Charlie Alvarez, Senior Advisor to the President of the Foxconn Medical Group. He will be speaking on the role of technology in healthcare and how Foxconn will energize Wisconsin’s biohealth industry. Then the day closes with David Rhew, the CMO for Samsung Healthcare. He will be covering Wisconsin’s role in the evolution of medicine and technology and what’s next for Samsung and the entire industry.
- Find a Role Model! One of the keys to a successful startup is finding the right mentors and role models. The Biohealth Summit is attended by hundreds of the top biohealth leaders and innovators in the region, so whatever your experience-level, you can find the perfect person to lend guidance and advice. In addition, during the Wisconsin Biohealth Awards ceremony, you will see two of the best role models our industry has to offer and discover their roads to success. (Awardees will be announced soon!)
- Learn About the Industry! You need to stay on top of current trends and pick up tips from key opinion leaders to continue to be successful in the evolving biohealth industry. Get started by attending two of four panel sessions with hand-picked industry experts. Topics include government relations in biohealth, Wisconsin’s emerging Biomanufacturing Center of Excellence, precision medicine trends and strength in Wisconsin, and a look at the future of Wisconsin’s biohealth industry from Wisconsin CEO’s. Learn more about each session and the panelists here.
- Sharpen Your Skills! Shape your business and encourage the development of your employees by attending our professional development track. Attendees will have access to two panel sessions sure to improve your approach to business in the biohealth industry. The first panel will feature the Women in Biohealth initiative and cover topics like exploring career options and diversity in the workplace. The second panel will focus on finding the right company culture to fit your career goals, whether you are an employer or an employee.
- Get Connected! The number one way to succeed as a startup is to join with others in the community to form partnerships, share resources, and learn from each other. We have an incredible biohealth environment in Wisconsin and you are sure to meet some people or even whole communities that you have yet to meet and collaborate with. Enjoy the afternoon networking reception with the chance to meet with thought leaders and innovators over signature cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
See the full event agenda and register today for the Wisconsin Biohealth Summit!
A special thank you to this year’s event sponsors: Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, GE Healthcare, Exact Sciences, Promega, Dohmen Life Science Services, WARF, Illumina, Michael Best, Eppstein Uhen Architects, Kraemer, University Research Park, Findorff, AbbVie, Mallinckrodt, PhRMA, Covance, FUJIFILM, Hausmann Johnson, City of Fitchburg, Madison Area Technical College, Intense Engineering, and Green Clock Films