Minimizing Risk Through Effective Engagement With KOLs and Stakeholders Webinar
Streamlining the KOL tiering process for life sciences companies
Life sciences companies often engage with healthcare professionals (HCPs) and researchers for consulting activities and/or to speak about a medical device, product, or general disease state. These consultants and speakers, also known as key opinion leaders (KOLs), have the potential to support manufacturers in obtaining coverage from payers and providers as well as support from professional medical or patient associations. When engaging with an HCP for these types of activities, life sciences companies must comply with anti-kickback laws to ensure the government and the public that the KOL is being paid fair market value (FMV) for their service and not being provided a bribe to influence their promotion of the product.
Join Baker Tilly for an informative, half-hour webinar to learn about the various types of anti-kickback, anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws that govern FMV and KOL tiering in the U.S. and abroad. In addition to gaining a better understanding of these regulations, we will discuss how to streamline the application of criteria tiers based on KOL expertise (e.g., employment experience, contributions to publications, involvement in clinical trials and speaking engagements, etc.), and how easily determining qualifications for KOLs can remove the burden from medical affairs professionals and other internal staff.
Who should attend
- C-Suite, legal, internal audit, medical affairs, and compliance and monitoring professionals at emerging and established life sciences companies
- Darren Jones, Principal
- Samantha Sutherland, Director
- Identify anti-kickback, anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws that life sciences companies must comply with in the U.S. and globally
- Determine how to streamline the application of KOL expertise tiers and determine qualifications for KOLs that life sciences companies engage with for consulting and speaking activities
- Recognize how to improve the robustness of the compliance function within the organization and ensure KOLs are being compensated fairly
Information about CPE eligibility
There are no prerequisites for this webinar, and advance preparation is not required. There is no cost to attend this webinar.
A certificate of completion will be emailed to you four to six weeks after the event.
CPE credit: 0.5 hour total credit
Field of study: Specialized Knowledge (SK)
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund policies, please email [email protected].
Register Here: https://events.bakertilly.com/event/09a04929-c16b-4c06-b707-43693f9995da/register