“Successfully Navigating the USPTO and FDA” Webinar
RSVP by September 7 2022, 2:00 pm CDT
Join us virtually to hear from experts from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the Food and Drug Administration about the intricacies biotech and medtech startups face when securing Intellectual Property (IP) rights from the USPTO and seeking regulatory approval from the FDA. Government officials and industry professionals will join the discussion by offering their views and highlighting best practices to help startups with navigating USPTO and FDA procedures.
- 10 a.m. – 10:10 a.m.: Introductory Remarks
- 10:10 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.: Navigating the USPTO application process
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Navigating through the FDA approval process
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:50 p.m.: Questions and Answers: A Guided Panel Discussion with USPTO and FDA experts
- 1:50 p.m. – 2 p.m.: Closing Remarks
- Navigating USPTO patent and FDA regulatory processes with an emphasis on biotech and medtech industries
- Initiatives, strategies, tips, and best practices to protect your discoveries and innovations
California MCLE credit is available. If you’re not in California, contact your state bar to see how you can obtain credit in your state.
Meet our Speakers:
- Dr. Kevin Bugin, Deputy Director of Operations, Office of New Drugs; Center for Drug Evaluation & Research, FDA
- Tom Cowan, Partner, Knobbe Martens
- Brandon Fetterolf, Acting Director, Technology Center 1600, Biotechnology and Organic Chemistry, USPTO
- Linda Horner, Administrative Patent Judge, Patent Trial & Appeal Board, USPTO
- Kimberly Miller, Partner, Knobbe Martens
- Jonathan Teixeira Moffat, Director, Technology Center 3700, Medical Devices & Processes, USPTO
- Mary Till, Legal Advisor, Office of Patent Legal Administration, USPTO
- Barbara Zimmerman, Deputy Office Director, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, FDA
*A virtual link will be emailed the week of the event.
Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/successfully-navigating-the-uspto-and-fda-tickets-396126975447