With a successful 2017 behind us, BioForward took some time to celebrate with our members at our first member only holiday event! Over 100 members enjoyed an evening recognizing member accomplishments and a discussion on Wisconsin’s emerging biomanufacturing center of excellence. The evening included a networking reception, live music, business card raffles for Wisconsin goods, and a Child’s Play fundraiser that collected over $1000 for providing games to children in Wisconsin hospitals.
5:00 – 5:30 PM:
- Registration and Networking
- Recognizing Member Accomplishments and Welcome from BioForward
- Biomanufacturing Center of Excellence Discussion
- Introduction and Biomanufacturing Update:
- Dr. William Murphy, Harvey D. Spangler Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Professor of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Co-director of the Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Center, and Director for the Human MAPs Center at UW-Madison
- Wisconsin’s Strength in Biomanufacturing Discussion: Wisconsin API Companies Manufacturing Pharma’s Innovative Therapeutics for Complex Disease
- Greg Bleck, Global Head of R&D, Biologics, Catalent
- Adam Kujath, Senior Director of Operations, Alcami
- Networking Reception with complimentary cocktails and appetizers and live music!