Who is BioForward?
BioForward is the member-driven state association that is the voice of Wisconsin’s bioscience industry and a state chapter of the national Biotechnology Industry Organization. We advocate actively on our members’ behalf for public policy that supports the industry, save our members money through our Select Savings group purchasing program, and provide a variety of opportunities for connections to funding, partners, customers, and employers and employees through our events and online resources. Our professional, service oriented staff also provide one-on-one support to members with specific requests. Our members include bioscience companies, universities, non-profits, service providers, and government agencies.
What does BioForward do?
BioForward works for you by:
- Saving you money when you purchase from Select Savings partners
- Advocating for legislation that creates a positive climate for your business
- Helping you build your professional network
- Providing customized expert advice on funding and resources for bioscience companies
- Attracting investors and potential partners to Wisconsin
- Providing tools that assist you in recruiting qualified employees
- Offering professional development opportunities for your employees
BioForward was founded in 1987, as the Wisconsin Biotechnology Association, a partnership among leaders in Wisconsin’s emerging biotechnology industry. The association joined forces in 2002 with the medical device manufacturers, and became the Wisconsin Biotechnology and Medical Device Association. The organization was rebranded in 2009 as BioForward. Over the past decade our membership has grown to include key players across a broad cross-section of bioscience specialties including drug development, medical devices, research tools, biofuels, food and agriculture.