BioForward is the collective voice of Wisconsin’s biohealth industry.
Mission: To grow Wisconsin biohealth companies, and unite the industry to develop integrated health solutions that define the future of healthcare.
Who: Membership represents an integrated network of more than 200 health solution leaders from across WI-
- Top Research Institutions
- Biotech & Biopharma
- Digital Health
- Medical Device & Diagnostics
- Operational Support Organizations
How: BioForward is an action-oriented association, meeting member needs through-
- Initiatives to strengthen the talent pipeline and promote the capabilities of WI and the surrounding regions on an international stage.
- Collaborations to develop partnerships and strengthen contract negotiations.
- Educational and networking events to enhance professional development and industry connections.
- Legislative advocacy to highlight the economic and social impact of the WI biohealth industry.
Founded in 1987 as the Wisconsin Biotechnology Association, BioForward was formed as a partnership among leaders in Wisconsin’s emerging biotechnology industry. The Association joined forces in 2002 with medical device manufacturers and became the Wisconsin Biotechnology and Medical Device Association and later rebranded in 2009 as BioForward. Over the past thirty years, membership has grown to include key industry sectors across a broad cross-section of bio-health specialties and several key initiatives have been put in place to support members, strengthen the industry, and to build community.
Learn more about our initiatives:
Women in Biohealth | HealthTechMKE | Forward Bio Initiative | Talent Campaign | PR Campaign
BioForward’s members serve as the heart of the organization. All advocacy, programming, initiatives, connections made, collaborations fostered, and other efforts have the well-being of members, the industry, the state, and the region in mind. To refine and direct the association focus, there are a series of areas that BioForward focuses on explicitly.