The Next Generation of Personalized Medicine
The dawn of personalized medicine is reshaping how we enhance the well-being of people across the globe,
and Wisconsin is leading this groundbreaking movement.
Wisconsin companies are pushing the boundaries of technology to deliver an unparalleled customer experience. With their unwavering commitment to excellence, these visionary companies propel the entire industry toward a future where healthcare is truly personalized and seamlessly integrated.
At the 2023 Summit, Wisconsin’s innovation prowess again took center stage as personalized medicine emerged as the ultimate game-changer!
Less than a week later, Wisconsin was selected as one of only 31 regions in the country to receive the Economic Development Administration Regional Technology and Innovations Hub Phase 1 designation for Wisconsin’s strength and innovation in biohealth and personalized medicine. Read more.
BioForward Wisconsin’s annual Biohealth Summit is the largest of its kind in Wisconsin and serves as a platform to celebrate Wisconsin biohealth community successes and collaborate on what’s next for our booming industry.
WISCONSIN IS LEADING THE WAY FORWARD IN PERSONALIZED MEDICINE
Hold on tight, for the future of health is being shaped by the trailblazing companies of Wisconsin, propelling us into an era of personalized medicine that transcends barriers, dismantles inequities, and revolutionizes the very essence of healthcare. Welcome to a world where Wisconsin’s innovation prowess reigns supreme, where the power to heal lies in our hands, guided by the visionaries who call Wisconsin home! Join our sessions to learn more.
Program at a Glance
Coffee/Light Breakfast & Networking
WELCOME FROM BIOFORWARD
- Lisa Johnson, CEO, BioForward
INNOVATIONS IN PERSONALIZED MEDICINE
Wisconsin companies are leading the way in personalized medicine by tailoring prevention, diagnosis, and treatment technologies and strategies to the individual and enhancing patient outcomes and overall health. Their innovations have established Wisconsin as a major player in this critical field.
- Anjon Audhya, Senior Associate Dean for Basic Research, Biotechnology, and Graduate Studies, UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health
- Ulrich Broeckel, MD, Founder and CEO, RPRD Diagnostics
- Leslie Lemke-Boutcher, VP Nonclinical Toxicology, Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals
- Chris Riley, VP & Group Executive, Danaher
Morning Panel 1
MADE IN WISCONSIN- MANUFACTURING ECOSYSTEM
A key strength of Wisconsin’s biohealth robust local manufacturing ecosystem (automation, robotics, precision & customer manufacturing, packaging & plastics). This supply chain is critical to our success and provides the backbone for an independent and locally sourced industry.
- Seth Hudson, Executive Director for Corporate Relations and Economic Engagement, Discovery Center, University of Wisconsin- Stout
- Jesse Winker, Director of Product Development, Prent Corporation
- Michael Dover, Director of Manufacturing Technology, Phillips-Medisize
- Michael Cook, Director Academic Enablement, Rockwell Automation
Morning Panel 2
PREVENTATIVE CARE & HEALTH EQUITY
New technologies and data make it possible to prevent disease, track progression, and develop strategies before a negative outcome. Importantly, these technologies hold the potential to increase health equity throughout our state.
- Lisa Cadmus-Bertram, Associate Professor, Department of Kinesiology, UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health
- Amy Kind, Associate Dean for Social Health Sciences and Programs, UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health
- Honey Reddi, Professor, Department of Pathology and CTSI; Division Director Precision Medicine and Cytogenetics for Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin
THIRD ANNUAL BIOHEALTH COMMUNICATIONS COMPETITION
Lunch & Wisconsin Biohealth Awards Presentation
Celebrate the accomplishments of the 2023 Wisconsin Biohealth Award Winners!
Since 2015, BioForward has been honoring outstanding scientific and business accomplishments in the biohealth sector on a yearly basis.
2023 Award Winners:
MADE IN WISCONSIN- BIOPHARMA MANUFACTURING
Wisconsin’s biopharma/biomanufacturing companies are thriving. With national interests focused on reshoring our pharma manufacturing, Wisconsin is positioned well to promote that next-gen biopharma manufacturing is “Made in Wisconsin.”
- Adam Kujath, VP & General Manager, Sterling Pharma Solutions
- Lori Aschenbrenner, Director, Drug Development and Regulatory Strategy Early Phase Development Solutions, Labcorp
- David Goeddel, Director of API R&D, MilliporeSigma Life Science Services
- Justin Koepsel, Senior Director, Commercial Operations, Catalent Biologics, Drug Substance
Emerging Growth Company Presentations
Exploring the cutting-edge solutions and promising future of Wisconsin’s thriving biohealth industry, driven by innovative start-ups and early-stage companies in personalized medicine.
- Jill Enos (Moderator), Managing Director, TitletownTech
- John Reimer, VP Business Development, Xiogenix
- Indrajit Choudhuri, Founder & CEO, Medicardia Health
- Khalid K. Alam, Founder & CEO, Stemloop, Inc.
- Julie Tetzlaff, COO, Diverge TSL
- Lara Riem, Director of AI and Data Science, Springbok Analytics